||[Oct. 25th, 2006|07:54 am]
A community for gay movie snobs
Name: Blake Fraina|
Location: State of CT, US
A movie you saw recently and what you thought of it: The Notorious Betty Page. Entertaining, but I was disappointed that, for a Mary Harron film, it didn’t seem to have a strong POV. With the exception of a bit of wishy-washy First Amendment stuff, the film didn't seem to have much to say. Plus, Gretchen Mol’s performance, while perfectly adequate, was very overrated by film critics, in my opinon.
Your opinion on abortion: As a women’s rights issue, I believe that abortion should remain legal. In general? I can’t say abortions make me think of ice cream sundaes, colourful balloons, puppies and kittens or anything. It is, I imagine, upsetting and unpleasant.
Your favorite disease, and why: Not exactly a disease but - Munchausen Syndrome or Factictious Disorder. Why? Because I know more hypochondriacs than I do people with actual diseases, so these are my own personal diagnoses of many of my acquaintances.
A great movie: Wings of Desire
The first movie you remember having an effect on you: The Snow Goose w/Richard Harris and Jenny Agutter.
Favorite porn: I guess I should be ashamed to admit that I don't watch enough to have a favourite.
Eleven random facts about yourself:
1. I’m a crazy cat person (six in the house, five neutered strays in the barn)
2. I was born on All Saints Day (1 November)
3. I keep failing at veganism because I can’t give up cheese and tuna salad (and leather).
4. I bite my nails.
5. GAP is my favourite brand of jeans.
6. I’m a card carrying member of the ACLU and, of late, have been considering joining the US Communist Party.
7. I plan my vacations around restaurants.
8. Growing up, the Rock Follies was my favourite television show.
9. A magazine quiz recently helped me to determine that I fall into the “Check Me Out” category of pack rats [meaning, my huge collections of books, CDs, DVDs and boots are intended to impress others with my style and coolness. Uh...yeah, okay.]
10. I live in a 101 year old house (that badly needs a paint job).
11. Today, I have a torn hamstring muscle that is not getting better.
anything else you'd like to add?: I ‘ve been watching a lot of EXTREMELY obscure queer films on here! lately and was hoping to put up some reviews in this community and maybe get some discussion going on them (presuming others here have seen them). Is that okay?